Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men,
so one act of righteousness leads to justification
and life for all men." Romans 5:18 (ESV)

As we reflect on the life of Jesus this week which will culminate in the mighty saving act of God at Calvary - my hope is that our faith would grown deeper in love and appreciation for the public demonstration of God's love.

I also hope, with a gospel-confidence, that as we reflect on the goodness of God we will be led to a deeper repentance and holiness of life. That this repentance will result in joyful displays of extravagant love as we do many good works in the name of Jesus.

This coming Sunday as I preach from 1 Corinthians 15:58 I will have in view one final aspect of gospel-confidence. I will trust God to bring us to a "steadfast, immovable, always abounding" life that is willing to risk all because we know that our "labor is not in vain in the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment