Monday, February 14, 2011

I am really looking forward to a study- planning retreat next week in Montreal. I will be gone from February 23-25 to think about the creation and implementation of a holistic small group ministry at Durkeetown. I will also spend time in considering a very helpful article on changing paradigms in missions within the church.  I find these planning times to be useful in thinking about larger issues in my own personal life as well as the church.

Some other items to think over and pray about will be a meeting with Francois Turcotte (director of SEMBEQ) concerning Zach's plans to work in Quebece as a cross-cultural missionary. I am looking forward to teaching another Passion Week series in April. I have a burden to expand this teaching to include a morning and afternoon teaching segment in Glens Falls and Fort Edward village. The retreat will help me confirm whether or not God wants me to expand the teaching.

One thing for sure - when vacation comes after mission week, I will be soooo ready to take the break. I am hoping to catch a baseball game at the new park in Washington, D.C.

My Scripture reading has been very timely lately as I have been in Romans 6-8. No condemnation! Wow! What a gospel. What grace. Praise God who has reconciled us to Himself in Jesus and is reconciling all things to Himself through Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment